Recently there has been numerous breaks to homes in the South Brisbane area which have been entered into and had property stolen.
Particularly in the Camp Hill area, offenders have entered homes through closed but unlocked doors and windows in the early hours of the morning whilst occupants are asleep.
In the Carindale area, offenders have been entering residences through prying open garage doors and entering into the homes through an open or unlocked internal door. Cash has been stolen from wallets, along with other valuables and car keys which were left in obvious places in view.
Lock up and reduce your chance of becoming a victim:
- Lock your windows, doors and garage and secure windows even whilst at home
- DO NOT leave valuables, keys, wallets, phones etc. on the bench or in view
- Lock internal doors from garage into the house
- Install key operated locks or security grills on windows & deadlocks on doors
- Padlocks on side gates to back yard
- Finger guards on security doors that are not always key-locked
- Alarm – install and set
- Do not leave keys in security locks on your windows or door
- Remove external objects that can be used as ladders.
If you witness suspicious activity at any time of day or night, please contact Carina Police Station or dial 000 in the event of an emergency. To report an offence that has already occurred Think Policelink and dial 131 444.
Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.
Crime Stoppers is a registered charity and community volunteer organisation working in partnership with the Queensland Police Service.
For all non-urgent police reporting or general police inquiries contact Policelink on 131 444 or Policelink.qld.gov.au 24hrs a day.